Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012 Year End Recap

Boy oh boy, 2012 was quite a year.  I witnessed a Perfect Game, a combined No-Hitter, and got to see Ichiro finally get traded! I went to a total of 47 games for a combined 23-24 record. 
As with last year, the worst day to go to was Saturday.  We were 0-9 last year, thankfully I saw a few more wins this time around.  They had a total of 15 one run games, we were 8-7 in these games.  Once again the stats show that if they scored more than 4 runs in a game they were likely to win with a 16-5 record.

As you can see from the stats, I saw the Mariners play 16 different teams, 3 NL and all AL teams.  Our record in Inter-league games was 3-3.  It isn't surprising that the top three teams I saw most frequently were from our division.  38% of the time I hit Safeco I had the pleasure of watching us take on our division (7-11).  That's not good, you need to beat your own division, especially at home!  We particularly sucked against the Angels.

Now I will show a game of all game results organized by date played.  I will do another post on individual batter/pitcher statistics.  As you can see by the chart below, losses are in red and wins in black.  The Perfect Game and Combined No-Hitter are in bold and underlined (games 6 and 15). 
 
The Greatest Loss was on Opening Night, as we lost by 8 runs to Cleveland.  Our Largest Win was the final game at 12-0

Average attendance per game I attended was 20,526 down from 22,798 last year.  The average time of game was 2:51.  The shortest game of the year (Game 10) clocked in at 2:06, and the longest was in Game 3 at 3:33.  The next day they had the smallest crowd of the year at 11,343.  Opening Day was the only sellout.



No comments:

Post a Comment