Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weary and Exhausted

The title says it all... I'm weary and exhausted after three days straight of Mariners baseball. Or maybe I'm just that way because they were crushed today? It wasn't a very good game. We just didn't play well.

If only Saunders had caught that ball in the third (Guti, we need you back) we would have gotten out of the jam tied! If only... if only. Instead they scored three in the fourth and then five in the 6th. Vargas ran into trouble again and then Lueke came on and sucked as usual. We lost 9-1. I don't have anything more to say about the game, I'm just tired.

I had garlic chicken and fries ($9.75). The weather was beautiful, there were over 25,000 fans... but that's pretty much all I have to say. Oh, it was Military Appreciation night and they did God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch, which pissed me off. Sports should be religion free as they are public entities meant to represent a region.

Anyway, looking forward to a break, I can't imagine how the beat reporters feel, and they have to travel with them! It is such a grind. I torture myself, but I still love it. I went to 4 out of the 7 games this homestand... that makes it 8 out of 13. If I keep that rate up I'll go to 50 games. Don't think I can keep up this pace, it puts a toll on your body. Sleep patterns, eating patterns, excercise patterns have all changed! Six game roadtrip coming up, and I'm looking forward to it.

The Mariners are now 4-4 when I attend and dropped to 8-14 on the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment